Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dang! I Will Never Be Prom Queen

There are certain things I have come to understand about my life:
1. I will never be a supermodel (I am 5'1").
2. I will never give birth (hysterectomy).
3. I will never be the high school prom queen.

These 'nevers' will never change.  They are facts of life and I have come to gracefully accept them.  There are many things I can do.  I can learn to play the piano.  I can learn to paint.  I can even become a doctor.  The world is my oyster.  With these few small exceptions, I can do, learn or be whatever I want.  Isn't that awesome?  It is the same for you as well.  There might be a few things that are completely out of your reach, but isn't mind blowing to know of all the things that ARE within your reach?

Unfortunately we tend to limit ourselves and believe that we can't do many things.  It is so easy to spend time thinking negatively about ourselves and the things we cannot do. I am too old, too fat, not smart enough to complete a task. We give ourselves permission to NOT succeed.  We forget that we  have the power to succeed.  It is all in the way we think.

So, is there something you always wanted to do?  Let's get our thinking in line and move toward that goal. You don't have to become a surgeon tomorrow, but try taking some positive baby steps.  I think I am going to focus on knitting an infinity scarf. One of those big cool chunky yarn ones.  I have never done it, but I know I can learn to do it and I will post a picture when I get it done.  What will you do?

2 comments: