Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy, Happy, Happy!




This has been my life for the past week.  Welcome Stu and Molly to our family!  We adopted them from a lab rescue group and we could not be happier!  For the past week, I have been chasing after dogs.  I have cleaned muddy paws, held slobbery balls, said NO! a thousand times, and have a sore right arm from chucking balls at the dog park.  I am constantly filthy and so is my house and my car.  Am I upset about this?  Heck no!  I am completely in love!
I forgot how quiet the house had gotten once our 14 year old lab passed away a few months ago.  Nick and I had gotten into a routine and for awhile enjoyed the quiet.  Since the rowdy pair have arrived, we have been exhausted, but constantly have goofy grins on our faces.  They are so much fun to watch, we are thinking of cancelling our cable.


So, this brings to mind a question... Is happiness organization or chaos? 

I used to think that everything in its place was absolute heaven.  If you haven't figured this out, I am a bit OCD.  It drives me crazy when the kids leave things out or when I have to clean little messes.  My house has clutter, but it is controlled clutter (is there such a thing?)  I don't like to be dirty and I hate a dirty kitchen.  I can't stand sticky hands or surfaces. Well, that has gone completely out the window.  I can't keep up with the mess and I don't mind!  This must be love. 
 The bonus of two labs is that so far, I am down two pounds.  Their exercise is my extra exercise.  My only worry is that my right arm will become a popeye arm and my left will look pathetic.  I have tried to chuck the balls with my left, but they don't go far and Stu has little patience for those lame throws.

If you had told me two weeks ago my life would change for sticky, slobbery dog kisses, dirty car seats and muddy paw prints everywhere, I would have laughed in your face.  It is amazing what love can do to a person.
What makes you happy?  what will get you to change your life?  What will get you to move forward?

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  I am thankful for these two rowdy, loving dogs that have turned my life upside down.  What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment