Wednesday, November 7, 2012

MMMMM, Creamy Deliciousness!

I am a complete fool for anything that is creamy.  I love mayonnaise, cream, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, and every cheese ever made.  Ugh!  That list sounds fabulous and horrible at the same time.  My heart does a little dance every time I get to have any or all of the creamy foods.  Unfortunately, creamy foods are not considered the best for your body.  They are loaded with fats and can cause weight gain if you each too much.

One of Nick's daughters is no fan of the creamy.  She can't stand mayo or cream.  Her diet is healthy.  She prefers red sauce to me loving Alfredo.  She likes hummus whereas I prefer ranch dip.  Her dressings are oil and vinegar and mine are ranch and blue cheese.  She is a size 2 and I am not.

I wish I could adopt the healthy Mediterranean diet.  I like the foods and can live on them for awhile, but my joy lies in the fatty foods.  That is just it.  My joy.  In my studies, I have learned to "joy" eat for 10% of your daily intake.  That is everyday.  You must plan your joy eat.  This could be a sweet, alcohol or anything creamy.    A joy eat is anything that brings you joy.  It isn't a food that fuels your body, but something that makes you happy.  My joy eat last night was a margarita.  Tonight it will be a chocolate chip cookie.

I encourage everyone to start planning a joy eat everyday.  Think about it ahead of time and plan it out.  You might notice a positive change in your body.  What will your joy eat be today?

4 comments:

  1. Great point Cynthia - it's so important to plan joy eats and aim to keep them in the 10% range. It's when we start expecting food to bring us the bulk of our joy, that we run into challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piper,
      food can bring joy, but when it is your ONLY joy... Time to call your favorite weight loss coach!
      Cynthia

      Delete
  2. So true, Cynthia! One of my probs is I often eat the "joy" food on something that isn't even that good, then miss out (or just eat both things more often) on the thing I really wanted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paige,
      It is hard to give yourself permission to just go ahead and eat the thing you really wanted and let go of the just ok stuff. It has to do with making a new pathway in your brain. We are trained to deny ourselves. Go ahead and plan that joy eat and love it!

      Delete