Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Good Enough VS The Best

Last week I cleaned out my closet.  I love my closet.  Years ago, we converted a bedroom and made it into a closet. The only set back is that I have to share it with my husband.  I hate sharing with him.  If I could figure out a way to get him out of there and in another closet, I so would!  Alas, I  will survive...

As I went through my clothes, I noticed that I have a ton of 'good enough' stuff.  You know, the clothes that look good, but not necessarily great.  An example would be T-shirts from the Gap.  They are fine, but I don't stop traffic when I wear them.  No brainer clothing.  I only have a few pieces of clothing that I would consider 'the best'.  These are clothes that make me look thin, young, tall and basically fantastic.

I noticed that there are some women who always look fantastic.  It seems they only wear what is best for them.  I want to be them,  I think I am going to try to do that.  I would rather have less clothes and know that every piece will present me at my best than have a ton of clothing that makes me look ok.

What do you do that is just good enough and not the best? 


2 comments:

  1. I have actually been thinking about this a lot lately with respect to clothing. Why wouldn't I want to feel my best all the time? Clothing that makes me feel great shows I care about how I feel, not necessarily what I look like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, so true! There are women who have a very limited wardrobe that always look fantastic. I want to aspire to be like them.

    ReplyDelete