Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Big 5-oh!

Ack!  This Sunday I will turn 50.  I remember my mother turning 50 and I thought she was old.  Ha!  She is in her eighties now and I think she is no where near old.  I have been trying to think of what I thought I should be at 50.  I can't remember, so maybe that is the pre-dementia rearing its ugly head.

Granted, I have creaks and I make noises when I bend over to pick something up off the floor.  I have to wear readers to see anything and that frankly makes me cranky!  I have jowls (ick).  I understand the consequences from over imbibing adult beverages and prefer to be home at a reasonable hour instead of dancing all night.  Seriously, when it gets close to 10pm, I worry that I might turn into a pumpkin.  I want to be in bed.

The above are the negatives of being my age.  The positives are that I have lived and learned.  I know stuff now.  Though to live is to constantly learn, at least I know the basics.  I no longer get sucked into peer pressure.  If I don't want to do it, I am not doing it.  People ask me for life advice!  Shocking I know but true.  I am in the best shape of my life thanks to my Lapband.  My body is strong and so is my brain.  I am about to start a new career path that I love.  I understand that it isn't what you are wearing on the outside, but the undergarments make the difference!  True beauty exists and it is in the faces of my husband and his children.

I think I am pretty awesome for 50. I can't wait to see what is going to happen next!

1 comment: