Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Today I am just "over it"!  I am tired of the heat (way too soon to be saying that), tired of the traffic, tired of work, tired of exercising, tired of watching what I eat, etc.  All I want to do is float in my blow up pool and read.

The reality check is that I cannot float and read all the time because I would be bored after the first day.  I would feel like I needed to be doing something.  My husband says I never just give myself permission to do nothing.  I admire that he can shut off the day and just watch some mindless movie.  Me?  I must be DOING something while watching TV.  Pay bills, run through my endless stream of magazines, clean something.

With all the things I keep doing, you would think I kept a nice, neat and tidy house.  No.  It looks like most people's houses.  Well, the ones who don't have Mighty Maids on speed dial.  It isn't  ready for "Hoarders" either.  Just "cleanish".

This past weekend, I had a neighbor who loves to organize come over and help me clean out the art closet.  She has had surgery and I am trying to keep her busy with things that won't have her lifting.  I only allowed her to point and direct.  I did all the moving of crap.  It looks wonderful and I was exhausted after all the work.  This Saturday we are doing my closet.  I am terrified!  She will be ruthless.  I won't have any clothes left! 

I guess I am delivering this random stream of consciousness with a purpose.  I plan on giving myself permission to do nothing one evening in the next week.   What do you need to give yourself permission to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment