Monday, June 27, 2011

Blowing Some Steam

My husband calls me 'sensitive'.  I hate that word.  The moment he says 'sensitive' to me, I can guarantee we will have an animated 'discussion'.  OK, so I get a bit sensitive when people are ugly to me.  I also am very sensitive to what people are feeling (I view that as a good thing) and can correctly choose the right way to proceed in order to spare their feelings.  So, my sensitivity has good and bad features.  Regardless, I am known as the designated family crier, as anything that is sad, sweet, exciting, et al. can cause me to well up with tears.  My niece is getting married this July, break out the tissues!

Today, I figured out that at times I am not being sensitive enough in some situations.  Whereas in my home life, I can become weepy at the drop of a hat, in my work life, I seem to be a bit hardened.  Fancy that!  I like the people I work with and I adore my patients.  I feel that it is an honor that they have selected my company and myself to help them through this process.

What drive me nuts is when they no show for appointments.  I don't mind if you cancel.  Life happens and things come up, but don't make me track you down to find out that you forgot.  I have no patience for that.  If you expect me to be here to help you, the least you can do is show up!
Sheesh!  OK stepping down off of the soapbox.  Better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment