Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Injury? 3 Ways to Keep from Gaining While Healing.

Last Saturday my legs decided to do a split in the middle of the Baton Rouge Hilton lobby.  Ugh.  This pulled several muscles in my left leg along with embarrassing me to the point of tears.  Actually the pull was very painful.  I have iced and applied heat, but for right now, all forms of exercise are on hold.  So, what does one do to avoid gaining a load of weight when you are sidelined?

1. Add some extra protein to my diet.  Chicken or fish.  Protein fills you up.  Must cut carbs because I am not doing the extra work to burn them off.

2. More water!  Water helps to fill you up as well.  So, I am going to be a water drinking fool.  It is a zero calorie snack!

3. Juicing.  I have a handy dandy juicer.  Since I am banded, getting down the daily recommended allowances has always been tough.  With my juicer, I can get loads of fruits and veggies in liquid form.

I plan on being back in action in a few days, but hopefully this will keep me from having to lose some weight once I am back in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment