Wednesday, September 19, 2012

4 Things That I Have Learned Since Becoming 50.




Here are just a few things that drive me up the wall!

1. Ma'am.  Ever since I have turned 50, for some reason loads of people have started calling me ma'am.  Ugh!  I am all for respecting elders, but when did I become an elder?  Please, if you see me, call me ma'am when I am 75.

2. My skin.  What the heck fire is happening to my pores?  Did turning 50 mean that all the sudden my pores grow to huge proportions?  This must be stopped!  Quick more face creams!  More anti wrinkle stuff.  Ack!

3. I can't see.  It seems that once you become 50, you lose your eyesight.  I now cannot read anything without my readers.  I have added extra pairs in various places around the house so I can read the paper, a recipe, or perhaps medication.  This is the most frustrating change.  I hate that I need them.  It exhausts me.

4. My bones are creaky.  I no longer bound out of bed in the morning.  I kind of do a little body check before I get up.  Just making sure that all is well before I embrace my day.  I seem to be sore more and I really feel it when the weather changes. 

I am grumpy today and do not mean to make this a negative post.  The good news is that I am healthy and because I am at a healthy weight, I have added years to my life.  Those years will be where I can move and am not suffering from any heinous crippling disease.  I can enjoy the next 50 years in good health.  I will be the one who has huge pores with creaky bones with 5 pairs of readers hanging around my neck but thankful that our youth has manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment