Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Body Image: Who is that girl in the mirror?

Last week I wrote about "Bad Body Image" and I got tons of feedback.  Apparently big or little, there is a lot of confusion when we look in the mirror.  I got to wondering, do we avoid the image we see?  Sure, I look in the mirror everyday, sometimes MANY times in a day, but do I really see my whole self?

When I look at the full image of myself, I usually am checking the outfit I have chosen.  I am looking for lumps, bumps, length and general "coolness" (don't want to have an out of style, style).  When I look in my face mirror, I am checking for imperfections and perhaps preforming a little surgery.  The bathroom mirror?  I am looking to make sure that I don't have a toothpaste smear, or fixing the hair, or even checking my teeth for lipstick.  So do I ever really look at myself?

This week, I think I am going to plan to look into the mirror at me.  Not my face, my hair, my clothes, but me.  The whole package.  I want to really see what I look like.  I will report back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment