Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Time for the Big Girl/Boy Panties


This week I have been thinking about the people and things that help me be me.  We all have a ‘staff’ that helps us in our day to day life.  For instance, I am challenged when it comes to height.  Even petite pants are too long for me if I am wearing them with flats.  For a few months now, I have been turning the hem under because I have not had time to get to the tailor.  I did that Saturday.  Though I don’t see him very often, I am very grateful to my tailor because he uses his skill and helps me look my best.

I also consider my LapBand part of my ‘staff’.  It helps me be me and not a huge me.  If I follow the rules:
Go slow
Chew well
Drink 64 oz water
60 grams of protein
Exercise 5 times a week
No drinking and eating at the same time
I can maintain a healthy weight and feel really good.  When I do not use my tool, I tend to feel sluggish and gain weight.

Do you make good use of your ‘staff’?  Are you following the band rules or are you making excuses?   Sometimes people will ask me why everyone is not successful with the LapBand.  Some people refuse to use their tool.  Something keeps them from success.  A year ago, I ignored my LapBand for about 6 months and gained 30 pounds.  Ugh!  It was hard to look in the mirror and finally own up to the fact that I had become lazy in my maintenance.  I had to put my big girl panties on and face the music.  I did and lost 32 pounds!  Through the holidays, I ate lots of chocolate and fritos and gained back 3 pounds.  Big girl panties are back on and I am using my ‘staff’ to loose those pounds and help me to be the thinner healthier me..

It is a new year with new beginnings.  Are you helping you be you?  Are you making good use of your ‘staff’?    Grab your Big girl/boy panties and join me!

1 comment: