Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Meantime

There are several times in my life that I have been in the "meantime".  The meantime is when you have finished a chapter in life and are waiting for the next chapter to start.  Does this sound familiar to you?  I read the book, "In The  Meantime" by Ivana Van Zandt years ago when I was waiting for my husband to enter my life. 

Currently, I am in the meantime in some areas of my life.  In other areas, I am in the thick of it and it allows the "meantime" parts to be OK.  My beautiful step daughter is getting married and I am in the midst of wedding planning.  I am busy! 

Everyone who is in the midst of losing weight right now is in the "meantime".  Compare it to having all your clothes be too big, but not wanting to buy a nice new wardrobe because you are not close to your goal.  Leave it to me to make a clothing reference! 

Sometimes it would drive me crazy being in the "meantime"!  You feel like you are in the starting gate, ready to burst forward, but you have to wait.    Argh! 

How do you get through this time with your sanity in tact?  Get busy!  Pick up a craft,  start cleaning out your closet and eventually every room in the house, or better yet-exercise.  Find something positive and healthy to focus on and DO IT!

Learn french, go back to school, do all the things you have been meaning to but haven't had a chance.  You have the time now!  You are spending less time in the grocery store and cooking.  Get out there and add something to your life!

The "meantime" will end.  You will get to your goal and if you make good use of your time, you will not only be healthier, but better all around.  What are you going to do while you are in your weight loss "meantime"?

2 comments:

  1. In my meantime I focus on exercise and set mini goals constantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually spend more time in the grocery store.. reading labels and comparing the nutrition values.

    ReplyDelete